Friday, January 7, 2011

Angle On My Art...

I love social networking, just ask my wife, through sites like Face book and Flickr, not only have I met some great anglers, photographers and other artists, it's been a way for me to get my photography out there too.  Through these sites, I have met,mostly virtually, photographers like Lucas Carrol and Aaron Otto, angler  Cameron Mortenson, and painter Bob White, to name a few.
It was sometime back in the  late spring or early summer 2010 that Bob White announced that he was doing a new column in Fly Rod & Reel, called "Angle On Art", so I immediately emailed him about my photography.  Over the course of over several emails with Bob, and lots of waiting I am pleased to announce that in the Winter 2011 issue of Fly Rod & Reel there is a write up about my photography.
Needless to say I am ecstatic about the write up, the photographs are printed very well and Bob's writing is excellent.
I think that seeing the two photographs with the write up has given me a direction for the project; one of the photographs I submitted was a diptych that if you are familiar with my fly fishing photographs you have seen, but is shown as one of the two original photographs. So as much as I like the diptychs and other formats I have done, I think I will do single square photographs from now on. 
I am not quite sure what else to say so go and buy a copy of the Winter 2011 issue of Fly Rod & Reel and check out page 18.
Thanks!
Brian

6 comments:

cliftz said...

most excellent grasshopper :)

Ken said...

Well done, I look forward to picking up a copy to see the work!

Kirk Werner said...

Tip of the lucky fishing hat to you, sir! More eager than ever to receive my forthcoming issue...

-- said...

Amazing Pictures! Really great stuff!

Paul
www.photographersreel.com

Katie Ring said...

Whooo hoo! Go Brian! I might have to buy my first fishing magazine just to see it. ;)

Bobby said...

Brian,

That is so great! It's nice to see a local artist like yourself with such unique work being noticed. On another note; when we fishing or tying some bugs up some day?