Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Little Flare...

It's no surprise really that a camera with a plastic lens would flare, and flare a lot given the situation of photographing a back light a scene where the sun is prominently arranged in the upper left corner, even a Leica or Carl Zeiss lens would do that. I don't think however that the given the same conditions a Leica or Carl Zeiss lens would give a flare with any kind of texture as is the case of this recent photograph I made while fishing with my friend Emily aka "The River Damsel".  We were fishing Salt Lake's Big Cottonwood Canyon creek on a mid summer's evening, fishing tenkara style, Emily's first experience with the Japanese style fly rod, and we came up this spot on the creek, I knew I there was a photograph waiting to be made.


I really like the texture, it kind of looks like what the same scene would look like if squinted your eyes, don't you think...
Brian

8 comments:

cofisher said...

Hey, I like this. I think I know the model?

Brian L. Schiele said...

I should hope so Howard!
Yeah, Emily finally said it was OK to post a photograph of her!

cofisher said...

I know she's "funny" about that.

Brian L. Schiele said...

I am slowly helping her get over that fear.. One of the first things I said to her when we fished for the first together that, she'll get over that "fear" by fishing with me!

THE RIVER DAMSEL said...

You two are killin' me! Lol. The only fear I have now is...well, I'm not going to tell you! Haha. Nice work, Brian.

Brian L. Schiele said...

Sharing is caring Emily! Glad you like this one too.

Dwayne said...

River Damsels...you can't live with 'em. You can't live without 'em.

Dwayne said...

Love these pics man. You'll have to forgive my joking about Tenkara a few weeks back...I had, had a few beers. I think it's a noble way to fish.