Saturday, July 4, 2015

Tenkara Guides, Badgers and Bums - Oh My!

I am a fan of the internet and social media and aside from learning new things when I go to events like the workshop that  Tenkara Guides LLC put on recently I get to meet people that I know through these various forums and websites.  This particular particular workshop was really like a "Who's Who in Tenkara Fishing in The USA" because there were a lot of influential and well known tenkara anglers that I know had only known through various websites until this workshop.

First up, the Tenkara Badger himself, all the way Wisconsin, he has some great rods that I hope to cast here before the summer is out.   He caught a great brown trout a few moments later, I might add!


Then there was Tom from Teton Tenkara, who is a very knowledgeable tenkara angler whose blog I checkout often.


I also met again DragonTail Tenkara as he was fishing this great spot.  Make sure and check him out, he has a great selection of tenkara rods, one of which the ShadowFire, I demoed earlier this year and it's a great rod.


I met some new tenkara bums at the workshop, as they fished both days, on this lovely stream in eastern Utah..

And on the Middle Provo.. 


Over the past few years there have been tenkara gatherings started across the globe and the United States, such as the Appalachian  Tenkara Jam, held in Maryland.  There is also the Midwest Tenkara Fest held in Wisconsin.  Of course there's the one that started it all, Tenkara USA's Tenkara Summit, that has been held in a few different locations including Utah in 2012.  
As things in my life change, I intend to get to these events and photograph them too and do a book about Tenkara in the USA.

Brian


8 comments:

Tom Davis said...

It was great meeting you, Brian. As well as meeting the other tenkara fishers from around the country!

-Tom

cofisher said...

Sounds like you're really "hooked" Brian. Nice job on the photographs and good luck with your quest.

Brian L. Schiele said...

I sure am hooked Howard! Thanks Tom!
Brian

Michael Agneta said...

Exceptional photos. If there are any more...keep them coming!

Isaac said...

Dig your blog! The photos are very cool, the Holga cameras sure do have a unique look to them. Keep up the good work!

Sara said...

Do you already know when the next Tenkara gathering takes place?

Would love to see some more fly fishing posts and pictures on here! Always enjoyed them.

Kevin Fleeman said...

Thank you so much to share the method to catch fish and i think it will be so more well system for us. I hope we can use this method easily for get success in this work.

Jordan Stanley said...

Dig your blog! Just amazing content, thank you so much for sharing all the methods.