Sunday, June 12, 2016

Harleys and motorcycles...

I think I have quoted the Italian film maker Federico Fellini before, with his famous quote, "All art is autobiographical; the pearl is the oyster's autobiography."  I have always felt that way about my photography, and as I get older, as it were, I find that to be more and more true.  If you have been following my photography over the past seven years or so, you know that when I started fly fishing, I naturally brought my Holgas with my when I went fishing.
      I am still fishing, but due to some changes in life, I found myself wanting to learn to ride a motorcycle, so I came upon a wonderful opportunity to learn through a local Harley-Davidson dealer (THANK YOU HARLEY-DAVIDSON!).   I have since gotten my motorcycle endorsement and have bought a motorcycle of my own, a Harley-Davidson.  In my limited riding experience I have met a lot of new people, gotten better acquainted with old friends and have seen places in Utah that I have seen until now.
     It's been nearly a year since I posted anything here, but it doesn't mean I have done any photography at all, I just haven't done anything I felt was worth putting up here, until today.


I am not quite sure how I want to treat motorcycles as far a subject goes, I haven't had any dreams about riding motorcycles like I have had with mountain biking and fishing, so I am still experimenting.  


I haven't done any double exposures yet, but since I haven't had any dreams about motorcycles, I am not sure that I will, but I do like the results I have gotten so far with the "Holgaramas" I have done.


I think there is something about a motorcycle's cockpit, I like the lines and all of the chrome on the tank, and I think that each cockpit is as unique as the owner, considering all of the things you can do the cockpit area on a motorcycle.


I haven't stopped fishing or photographing it, I just have a new subject to photograph as I travel around the sun..
Ride On!

Brian

3 comments:

Dwayne said...

Very nice!

Alan said...

Just another greasy biker now.

Anonymous said...

No Blue Princess?