Friday, May 20, 2011

Living with if for a while...

I don't know what your editing process is, but when I look at a newly processed roll of film, I go with my gut, I look at the roll and I can quickly pick out the negatives I am going to print. There are usually others though that stick in my head after that initial look that I will have to live with for a while before I do anything with it.
This photograph was one of those negatives, if you look at the previous post (Salmo Trutta), that was the  negative I picked upon my initial look, and was the one I picked when I looked at the roll again, but this one, of the same trout has stuck in my head since then.
I am not sure which photograph I like more, or which is the better of the two; judging by the comments I have  received on Flickr on both photographs there is no clear choice.
So what do you think? Was my original choice the better one or was the one that I have been living with all these months the better photograph? Or shall I go out and photograph more fish, this was the first trout I have actually photographed after all. 
Please be specific, and give an honest critique of both photographs.
Thanks as always for reading, I look forward to hearing your thought about the photographs.
Brian





2 comments:

Debbi said...

I think I like the other photo (Salmo Trutta) better, because in this photo I am feeling like the fish is trapped. Yes I know its trapped in both, but I don't feel the pain in that photo. I really like both photos, but I like the perspective from the bottom and looking up.

e.m.b. said...

I love this one....it does feel "trapped" but there is something wonderfully haunting about it...this image is the kind that sticks with you...

Wonderful blog and photos! I'll now be following along! :)