Friday, January 7, 2011

Angle On My Art...

I love social networking, just ask my wife, through sites like Face book and Flickr, not only have I met some great anglers, photographers and other artists, it's been a way for me to get my photography out there too.  Through these sites, I have met,mostly virtually, photographers like Lucas Carrol and Aaron Otto, angler  Cameron Mortenson, and painter Bob White, to name a few.
It was sometime back in the  late spring or early summer 2010 that Bob White announced that he was doing a new column in Fly Rod & Reel, called "Angle On Art", so I immediately emailed him about my photography.  Over the course of over several emails with Bob, and lots of waiting I am pleased to announce that in the Winter 2011 issue of Fly Rod & Reel there is a write up about my photography.
Needless to say I am ecstatic about the write up, the photographs are printed very well and Bob's writing is excellent.
I think that seeing the two photographs with the write up has given me a direction for the project; one of the photographs I submitted was a diptych that if you are familiar with my fly fishing photographs you have seen, but is shown as one of the two original photographs. So as much as I like the diptychs and other formats I have done, I think I will do single square photographs from now on. 
I am not quite sure what else to say so go and buy a copy of the Winter 2011 issue of Fly Rod & Reel and check out page 18.
Thanks!
Brian

6 comments:

cliftz said...

most excellent grasshopper :)

BigSkyKen said...

Well done, I look forward to picking up a copy to see the work!

Unknown said...

Tip of the lucky fishing hat to you, sir! More eager than ever to receive my forthcoming issue...

Photographer's Reel said...

Amazing Pictures! Really great stuff!

Paul
www.photographersreel.com

Katie Ring said...

Whooo hoo! Go Brian! I might have to buy my first fishing magazine just to see it. ;)

Unknown said...

Brian,

That is so great! It's nice to see a local artist like yourself with such unique work being noticed. On another note; when we fishing or tying some bugs up some day?