Saturday, January 22, 2011

Something old, something new...

I went fishing this past week and was able to finish off a roll of film, Tri-X if you are wondering.  It's funny how much or little time it can take do shoot 12 exposures, This particular roll, was started back in September, it wasn't the best 12 exposures I have made in a while, but there were a couple that turned out well enough one of which I really liked.  I'd say up until this last outing I'd say that my priorities were split equally between photography and fishing, but this last outing I really made an effort to watch for and make photographs.
 I like this photograph,even though it was particularly warm for January in the Heber valley, the flare gives a good sense of the cold and fog conditions that occur on the Middle Provo.

This next photograph is one I made back in July, but never really considered much until I went over my negatives from last year recently.  It's only from three rolls ago too, I might add.

It's hard to beleive but looking at my negatives from last year, it looks like I only shot eight rolls of film, that's only 96 individual photographs, not all of which turned of course.  Since it is still January and all, I resolve to shoot more, to take more chances so I can make more great photographs...

Oh and if you haven't read the Winter 2011 issue of Fly Rod & Reel magazine, it should be out now.  Check page 18 for a write up about my photography.
Thanks for checking out my blogsite!

3 comments:

Kanani said...

I love the look the Holga gives to photographs. There is something quite poetic about it all.

The Sowbug said...

Film and a Holga...? That's awesome! Haven't shot film in ages. There's a bag of 40+ rolls of shot film hidden somewhere deep in a closet right now. Kinda inspiring. Maybe it's time to see what the heck is in that bag. Great work. Keep chasing the dream!

THE RIVER DAMSEL said...

Nice work, there. Not much of a photographer myself, but do appreciate those who have the talent! How do you take a pic of a fish with one hand anyway? Ha.